Women’s Health at Trimetrics Physiotherapy
Trimetrics Physiotherapy Clinic offers a unique suite of services in the specialized area of women’s health. This can be a difficult and sensitive aspect of health and Trimetrics therapists are committed to caring for you in a confidential respectful manner. We will inform you about all findings and will support your treatment with evidence-based education.
- Incontinence: leaking urine, gas or stool due to coughing, sneezing, changing position, running, jumping and/or a sense of urgency to get to the bathroom.
- Problems emptying your bladder or bowel completely
- Pelvic organ prolapse or pressure, heaviness or bulging in your vagina or rectum
- Pelvic pain
- Painful intercourse
- Coccydynia or pain in the tailbone area
- Sacroiliac, Pubic Symphysis pain and dysfunction
- Pre and Post-Natal Care including preparation for birth, Diastasis Rectus (separation of the abdominal muscles) and return to running or other exercises postpartum.
Initial Assessment and Treatment May Include:
- Orthopedic examination of spine, pelvis, upper and lower body.
- Real-Time Ultrasound Assessment: This is a test similar to what you would receive at the hospital but tailored for physiotherapy so the patient and therapist can see the abdominal muscles, bladder, and spine muscles. This allows us to see imbalances and look at how well the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles are functioning and instruct on the correct use of the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles.
- Internal Assessment: this is a way of allowing the therapist to evaluate the tension and strength in the internal pelvic muscles. Comprehensive assessment for signs of pelvic organ prolapse.
- Myofascial release: this is muscle work used to release and relax muscles that are too tight and causing pelvic floor pain or weakness.
- Intramuscular Stimulation ( IMS ): a needling technique to release chronically tight external muscles around the lower back and hips.
- Western Acupuncture: may be used to help reduce inflammation and pain, to lower stress and to relax the patient where needed.
- Clinical Pilates Exercise. We offer unique one to one Pilates based spine stabilization and core training to ensure the sustainability of results.
- Treadmill assessment for walking or running gait analysis
At Trimetrics Physiotherapy, we’re committed to helping you regain control of your pelvic health and improve your quality of life. With our expert pelvic health physiotherapy services, you can look forward to a brighter, more comfortable future.
Don’t let pelvic health issues control your life any longer. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards a better quality of life.
Common conditions successfully treated
Our team of experienced therapists has helped countless patients alleviate pain from a range of injuries and improve their quality of life. We treat a wide variety of conditions including: